Cathedral fountain and Palacio Episcopal
The beautiful cathedral fountain is found at Calle Molina Lario. GPS: 36° 43' 12.58" N 4° 25' 13.18" W
In the background, you can see Malaga Palacio Episcopal. This palace is situated next to the cathedral and is considered to represent the typical architectural style of Malaga from the 18th century .Today the Museum Diocesano is hosted in the palace.
The construction of the first episcopal palace was ordered by the bishop Diego Ramirez de Villanueva de Haro between 1500-1525, its front would remain opposite to the entry of the court of the orange trees of the Cathedral.
Soon this palace would remain small, arranging the bishop Fray Bernardo Manrique the construction of a new palace, in the current street of Santa Maria; this initiative is dated in 1541. To stand out the central court and two towers joined by a gallery of brick arches of Mudejar style.
In 1558, Diego de Vergara, major teacher of the neighbor Catedral, was ordered the construction of a main court and extension of the rooms.
The following whole set stand out: the interior perron of imperial type as well as the court, where one gives a merger of Renaissance elements with others of Mudejar tradition, the above mentioned happen in the first and second floor, series of arches of half point, as consequence of the reconstruction of the post-war The baroque front with a view to the Plaza of the Bishop is of 1772, with Doric columns that form three bodies where it is possible to observe the image of alabaster of the Virgin of the Distresses, as well as a shield realized in stone.